Wilfred Sandiford founded the company during the 1930s which was later formed into a limited company with himself, his son Keith and Stuart Bannister as Directors in 1948.
The joinery company volume increased through the 1950s and the factory expanded. Then Wilfred Sandiford retired from the daily running of the Joinery Works in the late 1950s, at which point Keith Sandiford took over as Managing Director and Stuart Bannister became Works Director.
Through its reputation, the workload of the company continued to increase and, by 1960, again led to the expansion of the factory by a further 70%. Keith Sandiford and Stuart Bannister maintained ownership of the business until 1988 when the current owners purchased the company and premises.
Over the past 20 years the new owners have built on the quality and service, remaining as one of the major staircase and joinery companies in the South East of England.
In 2008, Sandiford’s invested in a brand new purpose-built joinery factory constructed at the rear of our existing site. The factory provides 50% more floor space than the old factory and benefits from being all on one level.
As a reflection of the quality, service and prices that our company offers, the majority of our clients come back year after year; we have been trading with some of them for over 50 years.